Importance of Defining Specifications During Construction ProcessNew York – Monday, September 18th, 2017: Specifications play a wider role in shaping any construction contract in AEC industry. Quality completely relies on the specification’s clarity. BluEntBIM shares about their take on the importance of specifications in construction papers and guidelines to write them.
Errors in specifications lead to legal route against the problem as most of the construction project has a legal value attached to it. This explains the gravity of the importance of specifications. Most of the conflicts arise due to incorrect or ambiguous information mentioned in the documents. One always need to follow the main principle guidelines to avoid conflicts are as follows: Get in touch for your Business Development needs: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: +1 (832) 476 8459
Form: Request for Services
- Language and structure of the documents should be clear and verified to avoid confusions. Specification about the construction material such as composition ratio, methods to prepare, size and quality of material etc. Even specific details regarding the testing & treating material before the construction should also be specified clearly.
- All requirements about each division should be explained transparently and in chronological order. Every step should be logically specified and checked to avoid any miss outs.
- Repetition of the requirements are advised to be avoided as it might create confusion and unclarity. Specially, in cases when alteration in the documents is required and one mistakenly fails to alter all the repetitive sentences.
- Equipment and tools should be defined clearly in the construction documentation for arranging the plant and machinery before the plan starts. It should also clearly convey about who is arranging the tools whether it to be contractor or owner.
- The specification should follow the construction process. The construction process should be in ascending order similar to the followed working schedule. For instance, excavation should be detailed before setting foundation.
About BluEntHeadquartered in Lewes, Delaware, BluEntBIM specializes in construction documentation and stay updated about practical details of the AEC industry. BluEntBIM has also mastered in CAD & Revit drafting solutions, BIM construction documentation, CAD services, AutoCAD to Revit conversion, and BIM consulting services around the globe.
For any comments on this press release, please contact.
Strategic Sourcing & Business Development Manager
+1 832 476 8459